Contact

Wednesday, 14 June 2017

The Ordinary Skincare HAUL


The Ordinary is a skincare brand I first saw on ASOS. The simplistic, almost medicinal style packaging is what caught my eye at first. Followed by the surprising price tag- Everything was under £10. Usually, I don't like cheap skincare. I don't see how it can be good and cost so little. Call me a skincare snob? I'll take it. What made me go for it was the fact they are made my Deciem. A brand I love and trust. NIOD, Hylamide and Grow Gorgeous (although I believe they have just sold GG recently) are just a few brand under the Deciem name, which also happen to do some of my favourite products.

I ordered a few bits from ASOS anyway to give it a go after I started seeing it pop up all over Instagram, soon followed by YouTube videos and so on.



The first thing that caught my eye was the High-Spreadability Fluid Primer (£5.50). I liked the sound of this because it claimed to help your base to spread evenly over areas of dryness "especially around the eyes". You won't know as I haven't been blogging in a while (Notice how I just skim over that subject..) but my eyes have been horrifically dry and dehydrated after a reaction came back to haunt me. I seem to have it under control now but under my eyes have been left so badly dehydrated that nothing sits nicely over top, no matter how much eye cream/primer/whatever I put on. I thought for £5.50 I'd give this one a go, since as it specifically mentions my main concern. 



I then stuck the Lactic Acid 10% + 2% HA serum (£6) in my basket. I love anything that exfoliates the skin and I haven't got any other products that uses lactic acid as the main exfoliating ingredient. There is also a 5% version but of course I went for 10%. Give me all the AHA's. It also claims to help with inflammation and sensitivity too, bonus! 



The Niacinamide 10% + Zinc £5 also took my interest as it's all about getting rid of congestion and blemishes. I have my beloved La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo for this already, which clearly works a treat but if I can find an alternative for only £5 I am very willing to try it out! 




I then stuck the Salicylic Acid 2% Solution in there as well seeing as it was £4. I love salicylic acid- my skin gets on very well with it, so I am always up for trying out a new treatment. This is the only product I have tried out so far. It was only once so of course I can't give a solid review from that. but on first application it felt nice and light. It absorbed into the skin quickly and did not leave any residue behind. So it is pleasant to apply, lets just hope it delivers some results to go with it. 

I am actually really looking forward to trying these out! Skeptical, though. I will be giving them a thorough try before coming back and writing a follow up review. 

Is there anything else I need to pick up from The Ordinary? I have my eye on the Glycolic Acid solution but it seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Thanks for reading!



Zoe x 





Want to keep up with my blog? 

Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I am currently using two products from The Ordinary, the Buffet and the Rose Hip Seed oil and they are so nice to my skin!!! I need to place another order asap since I want to try the primer and the serum foundation as well!!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete